CS2N Publishing was established in October 2008 by Tim Castle for the purpose of publishing this and other similar books.
Tim has previously published two other books through The Francis Forbes Society for Australian Legal History, both of which are available for purchase through that Society by following this link.
- Dowling's Select Cases 1828 to 1844: Decisions of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, edited by T.D. Castle and Bruce Kercher, 2005. This is a casebook based on the original notebooks of Sir James Dowling, the second Chief Justice of New South Wales.
- The Dowling Legacy: Foundations of an Australian legal culture 1828 to 1844, by T.D. Castle and Bruce Kercher, 2005. This was an edited version of their 2005 Francis Forbes Lecture about the contribution made by Dowling CJ.
A number of articles relating to matters of colonial Australian history have also been published by Tim:
- 'Watching them hang Capital Punishment and Public Support in Colonial New South Wales, 1826-1836', History Australia, vol. 5, no. 2, 2008, pp.43.1-43.15.
- 'Constructing Death: Newspaper reports of executions in colonial New South Wales, 1826-1837', Journal of Australian Colonial History, vol.9, 2007, pp.51-68.
- 'The "practical administration of justice": The adaptation of English law to colonial customs and circumstances, as reflected in Sir James Dowling's "Select Cases" of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, 1828-1844, Journal of Australian Colonial History, vol.5, 2004, pp.47-72.